- Open Day and Virtual Tour of the School
- Our School Values and Vision
- PSHE Provision
- Mental Health and Wellbeing - Children and Parents' Support Page
- Parent Consultation for RSHE
- SEN Provision
- AFA - Achievement For All
- Spelling Lists
- Home Reading
- Spelling and Grammar
- Glossary of Literacy Terms
- Maths Week 2017
- Meet the Staff
- Meet the Governors
- Safer School Streets Initiative
- School's Financial Benchmarking
- School Performance
- SATs 2019
- Governors Secure Area
Spelling and Grammar
Spelling, Punctuation and Grammar is an integral part of the National Curriculum.
We have discrete SPAG lessons in school to ensure that children have a knowledge and understanding of punctuation and grammar, relevant to their stage of development.
A crucial part of learning about spelling, punctuation and grammar is that children have opportunities to explore how it is used in the real world. To identify where authors have used it and consider why and how it helps them as a reader. The children particularly love reading different types of texts and perhaps identifying where punctuation and grammar have not been used correctly.
Please find below the parents’ guide, we hope that this will support learning at home with your child and help to make sense of some of the terminology they may be using.