- Our School Values and Vision
- AFA - Achievement For All
- Spelling Lists
- Spelling and Grammar
- Excellence in Literacy
- Glossary of Literacy Terms
- Home Reading
- Maths Week 2017
- Meet the Staff
- Meet the Governors
- Safer School Streets Initiative
- School Performance
- SATs 2019
- SEN Provision
- Governors Secure Area
- 22 NovDonation Day 1 - Wear own trainers,shoes (bring in Chemist Stall / Toiletries for the Christmas Fair)
- 25 NovMaths Workshop for Yr 3 and 4 - all welcome 6-7pm
- 26 NovSwimming for Y4 - session 11
- 29 NovDonation Day 2 - Free Choice on bottom Half (bring in Chocolate for the Christmas Fair)
- 3 DecSwimming for Y4 - session 12 - last one
- MORE DATES CALENDAR
Spelling and Grammar
Spelling, Punctuation and Grammar is an integral part of the National Curriculum.
We have discrete SPAG lessons in school to ensure that children have a knowledge and understanding of punctuation and grammar, relevant to their stage of development.
A crucial part of learning about spelling, punctuation and grammar is that children have opportunities to explore how it is used in the real world. To identify where authors have used it and consider why and how it helps them as a reader. The children particularly love reading different types of texts and perhaps identifying where punctuation and grammar have not been used correctly.
Please find below the parents’ guide, we hope that this will support learning at home with your child and help to make sense of some of the terminology they may be using.